Human Resources Generalist
Location: Miami, FL
Position Type: Full Time
• Assist in the development and implementation of department goals, company policies and procedures.
• Work with HR Manager to maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Manage recruiting efforts including job postings, phone interviews, reference checks,
candidate offers and prescreening.
• Manage new hire onboarding process.
• Process all new hires and personnel changes with proper approvals including title changes, promotions and transfers in Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
• Coordinate benefits administration to include communicating benefit information to employees, processing new hire elections, approving status changes and processing invoices for payment.
• Assist with open enrollment including plan set up, carrier fair, enrollments and compliance with Affordable Care Act provisions.
• Coordinate all employee leaves of absence, including FMLA, in compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
• Assist with employee relations including but not limited to addressing counseling needs, administering the performance evaluation program and providing training resources.
• Manage departures to include conducting exit interviews, processing in HRIS, closing personnel files and follow up with COBRA notices and enrollments.
• Maintain HRIS personnel records and portal information and ensure integrity of all data.
• Maintain personnel and I9 files in compliance with applicable legal requirements and record retention policies.
• Complete all employment verification requests and unemployment claim notices.
• Prepare employee communications regarding compensation, benefits and policies.
• Assist with special projects including but not limited to employee recognition, wellness programs and special events.
• Perform additional related tasks as needed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Human Resource Management, Organizational Development or related area
• Minimum 3 years of direct experience in the human resources field
• Extensive knowledge of human resources principles, practices, administration and procedures
• Intermediate to advanced-level experience with HRIS. Experience with ADP preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Visio
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion in all aspects of HR function
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively interface with employees and managers to enhance a positive work environment
• Strong organization, analytical and problem solving skills
• Team player with self-starter attitude and ability to work independently and meet deadlines
*This is a required field to submit
Human Resources Generalist
Upload your Resume
Please upload your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
File size must be less than 5 MB