See the urban highlights in and around Sydney, including the iconic Sydney Opera House, and then travel into the gorgeous Blue Mountains and ride a train through the ancient forests and valleys.
After flying into Sydney, you will transfer to the Four Seasons hotel, where you will spend the next three evenings. The remainder of the day will be at your leisure, allowing you to do whatever you wish. You might settle in at the hotel or consult with the hospitality desk for suggestions on what to see nearby. Dinner will be on your own.
Following breakfast at the hotel, you will walk to the nearby Circular Quay, board a vessel and begin a leisurely cruise around the harbor. Along the way, you will pass landmarks such as the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbor Bridge, which is affectionately known as “The Coathanger” because of its arched steel design. Other sights include the Taronga Zoo and Sydney Harbor National Park.
Upon arriving in the suburb of Manly, you will enjoy free time to explore. A spectacular beach rims Manly, which is known for its laid-back attitude and inviting downtown, which is full of boutiques and restaurants. You might browse the shops or dine al fresco on fresh seafood, which is always a good choice because Manly overlooks the Pacific Ocean.
The return drive to Sydney will take you through the Northern Beaches. Although not far from Sydney’s vibrant downtown, the Northern Beaches seem like worlds away. The villages are wonderfully casual, naturally beautiful and outdoor activities are abundant.
Upon arriving at the hotel, the rest of the evening will be at your leisure with dinner on your own.
Following breakfast at the hotel, you will drive west into the Blue Mountains, a magnificent natural paradise dominated by eucalyptus forests, sandstone cliffs, canyons and waterfalls. Because of the varying landscape and biodiversity, the Blue Mountains have been designated a World Heritage Site.
As you will see at the Three Sisters, the geological formations are stunning. According to Aboriginal legend, the three weathered sandstone pillars were sisters who fell in love with three brothers from another tribe. Because tribal laws forbid the marriages, the sisters were turned into stone to protect them and prevent a war between the tribes.
Another perspective of the Blue Mountains awaits you from aboard a glass-roofed red carriage on the Scenic Railway. As the train chugs along, you will enjoy expansive, ever-changing views of the ancient rain forest and gorgeous Jamison Valley.
You will have the choice of several different train rides. Choose an adventurous ‘Cliffhanger’ ride at a steep 64 degree incline, or for those seeking a relaxed journey select the ‘Laid Back’ option. Of course, loyal fans can still ride the ‘Original’ at 52 degrees. It’s your choice, all depending on your tolerance for excitement.
Afterwards, you will have free time to meander through the forest or to simply relax and take in the natural beauty.
Then, following lunch on your own, you will return to the Four Seasons hotel in Sydney. The remainder of the day will be at leisure to enjoy as you please.
NOTE: Dinner is included at the hotel this evening. Details TBA
Following breakfast at the hotel, you will enjoy free time until check out. First Fleet Park is an easy walk away and offers one last look at beautiful Sydney Harbor.
In time, you will transfer to the port and board the cruise ship.
Land Program Step by Step:
• Please note: The order of sites visited may vary to avoid congestion. All program timings are approximate, given here for general reference purposes and subject to change.
• Itineraries with the most up to date details (at the time) will be issued when you are emailed your final cruise documents 21 days prior to sailing. You will then receive one last final itinerary from our ground operator with a Welcome Letter upon arrival or at your hotel. Please review that Welcome Letter and your final itinerary carefully for any further amendments.
• The hotels used for your land program will be the hotels listed in this document unless you have been advised otherwise in advance of the land program start date.
• If you book extra nights through the cruise line, you will be met as per the flight details provided and transferred to your hotel. Check-in time is 3:00pm (subject to change). Meals other than breakfast, as well as activities, are on your own until day 2 of the program.
• Should you have an early arriving flight you may wish to book an extra night as your room will not be ready for occupation until approximately 3:00pm
• Should you book any extra nights on your own, transfers are not included.
Fly into Sydney and transfer to the Four Seasons hotel. Check in is 3:00pm.
The day is at your leisure. For assistance or suggestions on what to see during free time on any
day, simply ask at the hotel hospitality desk.
Overnight at the Four Seasons hotel with dinner on your own
*If you have an early arriving flight, you may wish to book an extra night so that your room is available upon arrival.
Meet and Greet and transfers:
• Final cruise documents emailed at 21 days prior to sailing, also include on page 1, a contact telephone number of our local ground agent to use should you not be able to locate your meet and greet upon arrival. Remember that often many guests are arriving on the same flight and the representative may be assisting someone else when you exit the customs and / or luggage claim area.
• Always look for someone holding a sign with the cruise line logo and possibly your name. If in doubt please check with airport staff to be directed to the meeting area for transfers or to page our representative.
• Meet and Greet and transfers for guests arriving on Day 1 of a land program or for any extra nights booked through the cruise line, are arranged based on the flight details received by guests at least 14 days before sailing.
• If we have not received your flight details or your flights have changed and the Destination Services Land Team not notified, then a transfer cannot be provided and guests will be responsible for getting to the land program hotel at their own expense. Please immediately contact our Reservations Department for any flight changes before departure.
AM Breakfast at the hotel
9:45am Meet in the hotel lobby to walk to the Circular Quay
10:00am Begin Sydney harbor cruise
1:30pm Arrive in Manly for free time, lunch on own
3:00pm Begin tour of the Northern Beaches and Sydney
5:00pm Arrive at the hotel
Evening at your leisure, dinner on your own
Overnight at the Four Seasons
AM Breakfast at the hotel
8:00am Depart for the Blue Mountains
10:00am Visit the Three Sisters and ride the Scenic Railway
12:30pm Lunch on your own
2:45pm Begin driving back to Sydney
5:00pm Arrive at the hotel
TBA Dinner at your hotel
Overnight at the Four Seasons
AM Breakfast at the hotel, morning at leisure
11:00am Check out of the hotel and transfer to the cruise ship
What to Bring:
Casual dress is recommended for the entire program. Warm clothing is recommended when visiting the Blue Mountains, as it is much cooler in the mountains than in the city.
The Australian Dollar (AUD)
Voltage is 220-240 volts. Bring a travel adaptor for electronic devices.
Documents and Visa Requirements:
An Australian tourist visa is required. Check with your nearest Australian embassy for entry requirements.
Four Seasons (or similar hotel)
199 George Street Sydney NSW 2000
Phone: +61 (2) 9250-3100
*If a similar hotel is required due to unforeseen circumstances, it will be of similar ratings and standards and guests will be notified accordingly in advance.
•3 nights at the Four Seasons including breakfast (Deluxe city-view King rooms)
•Touring on Day 2 and 3
•Dinner on Day 3
Please Note: Guests booking their own flights (independent of the cruise line) are responsible for ensuring that the cruise line has the current arrival information, so your arrival transfer can be arranged. If you book additional hotel nights independently of the cruise line, an arrival transfer is not provided.
•Lunches and dinners
•Personal expenses and hotel incidentals including mini bar and room service
•Additional sightseeing and meals not mentioned in the itinerary
•Gratuities to drivers and tour guides
Please note: Land programs that encompass multiple days ashore customarily include extensive and prolonged activity, while those of shorter durations typically have more moderate activity levels. However, each program varies and participants should be prepared to negotiate a mixture of surfaces which may include: inclines, cobblestones, sand, and gravel or natural paths. There may also be a need to climb steps or stairs on occasion. Guests who utilize a wheelchair and those with mobility concerns are advised to check with the cruise line in advance to see if any portion of the tour program may not be considered suitable for their individual situation. Weather appropriate clothing; hats; sunglasses; and flat, comfortable walking shoes are generally recommended.
Please note: All land programs are capacity controlled and subject to availability. Programs falling under the minimum number of required participants are subject to cancellation. Pricing listed is also subject to change to meet unexpected cost increases for transportation, land arrangements or currency fluctuations. Once purchased, pricing is guaranteed and not subject to change. Land Programs must be purchased no later than 60 days prior to your sail date. Cancellations made within 60 days or less prior to the sail date are subject to 100% cancellation penalty. There are no refunds for unused portions of any program. Guests failing to arrive on Day 1 of a scheduled land program will be considered a no-show and their hotel space released.
Price: $1,399 per guest based on double occupancy.
Hotel and Land Program pricing is not combinable with FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Luxury Hotel Package. If applicable, please contact Regent Seven Seas Cruises or your travel agent for multi-night pre-cruise hotel pricing information. Land program promotions are subject to terms.
Allow us to take care of every detail.