OUR COMMITMENT TO SAFETY, SECURITY, HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
NCL (Bahamas) Ltd. will provide a high quality cruise product for guests by offering a memorable experience at sea, meticulous attention to detail, and an inviting ambience on every voyage. Combining extraordinary comfort, exceptional value and the world's most alluring destinations, we provide our guests with an enriching, rewarding travel experience.In support of this mission, it is imperative that our travel experiences are conducted safely, securely and with sensitivity to the environment around us. To fulfill our commitment, we will:
- Meet or exceed all regulatory requirements
- Strive to eliminate accidents, injuries and damage to property by making the health, security and safety of our guests and crew our first priority.
- Seek to minimize the impact of our operations on the environment.
- Continually improve environmental processes through best management practices and innovation specific to our ISO14001 certification objectives and target. This includes setting and achieving objectives and targets that work to further our obligation towards sustainability.
A Safety Management System is implemented and maintained to support our commitment through the following activities and beliefs:
- At NCL (Bahamas) Ltd., we do things the R.I.T.E. way - Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Excellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
- All employees and contractors are accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity, including, but not limited to environmental awareness.
- Responsibility, authority and inter-relations of shore side and shipboard personnel are defined and documented.
- Incidents and injuries will be promptly reported so that effective corrective and preventive actions can be taken.
- Procedures have been developed to assess and address significant risks. Through a continuous process of review, we will establish safeguards and procedures to protect against any significant risks identified in the future.
- Designated Persons are identified, properly trained and approachable by any interested party. These persons form a critical link between shipboard management and shore side operations and they are responsible for identifying and monitoring improvements to the Safety Management System.
- Performance of the Safety Management System will be measured and evaluated through periodic audits and other means which shall be reported to senior management on a timely basis.
NCLH Environmental Reports
Please click here to view our latest Stewardship Report for 2017.
Please click here to view our latest Environmental Report for 2016.